Who Is Tessa Virtue Husband? Retired Olympic Ice Dancer In Talks Of Marrying NHL Star Morgan Reilly

Posted by Brenda Moya on Friday, May 3, 2024

Tessa Virtue's followers are eagerly anticipating Morgan Rielly to be her legal husband. The couple has been together since 2020 and is still going strong.

Tessa Virtue is a retired ice dancer from Canada. She is the 2010 and 2018 Olympic champions, the 2014 Olympic silver medalist, and a three-time World champion (2010, 2012, 2017).

She is also a 2016–17 Grand Prix Final champion, an eight-time Canadian National champion (2008–2010, 2012–2014, 2017–2018), and the 2006 World Junior champion with her ice dance partner Scott Moir.

Also Read: Who Is Vicky White's Husband? Relationship With Casey White Explained

Who Is Tessa Virtue's Husband?

Tessa Virtue's husband is believed to be Morgan Rielly though the couple has yet to tie the knot. Morgan is a defenceman with the Toronto Maple Leafs of the National Hockey League.

Rielly was born in Hamilton, Ontario, Canada. Andy and Shirley are his parents. Shirley works as a cancer researcher and Andy runs Rielly Lumber.

Maggie is the name of his family's laboratory. Jake Gardiner, his teammate, and roommate is his best buddy and has an elder brother, Connor.

"The Toronto Maple Leafs are proud to announce that Morgan Rielly has selected Tessa Virtue to be the #1 draft pick of his heart" pic.twitter.com/aPg9AQxhNR

— Casual Mats (@Casual_Mats) March 23, 2020

The Maple Leafs selected him fifth overall in the first round of the 2012 NHL Entry Draft. Prior to getting chosen, Rielly was a member of the Western Hockey League's Moose Jaw Warriors.

He has represented Canada multiple times, most recently in the 2016 World Championships, where he won the gold medal.

On October 5, 2013, he made his NHL debut against the Ottawa Senators. On December 16, 2013, Rielly scored his first NHL goal against Pittsburgh Penguins goaltender Marc-André Fleury.

On February 10, 2015, Rielly scored two goals against Cam Talbot of the New York Rangers, marking his first multigoal game. Rielly received high accolades from head coach Mike Babcock and other management leaders throughout the 2015–16 season. 

In addition, he set career highs in a number of attacking statistics, including goals, assists, and points. Rielly signed an eight-year, $60 million agreement with the Maple Leafs on October 29, 2021.

More On: Monty Williams Wife Accident -What Happened To Lisa Keeth?

Is Tessa Virtue Engaged With Her Boyfriend Morgan Rielly?

Tessa Virtue and her boyfriend Morgan Rielly have been together since 2020. During the lockdown in 2020, the pair made their relationship public.

"We're both kind of in it together, trying to keep each other sane, and we're just doing our thing and quarantining in," Rielly said.

Need someone to laugh with me like Tessa Virtue laughs with Morgan Rielly 😌💕 pic.twitter.com/nKSObjXwxU

— Jacqueline Taylor Oiga (@jxcquelineoh) March 23, 2020

"I won't say much about it; all I'll say is that I'm grateful I'm not alone because I think it may be difficult. I believe it is critical to maintaining contact with folks in your life who are now alone. It can be difficult at times, therefore I believe it is necessary for all of us to do so."

Rielly and Virtue first appeared together in public in January at the Blue and White Leafs Gala. Then, last week, Rielly appeared in the frame when Virtue was being questioned by Arkell's vocalist Max Kerman on a Livestream on the band's Instagram account.

"We're happy we're allowed to go outside with safe distances," Virtue told Kerman.

Tessa Virtue's Relationship With Dance Partner Scott Moir

Tessa Virtue was previously in a relationship with her dance partner Scott Moir. Virtue and Scott Moir started skating together in 1997, after Carol Moir, Moir's aunt, teamed them up.

Virtue and her ice dance partner Scott Mohr were Olympic champions in 2010 and 2018, as well as silver medalists in 2014 and three-time World champions (2010, 2012, 2017).

After 22 years of skating together, they announced on September 17, 2019, that they were "moving aside" from the sport.

Despite the romantic aspirations between Tessa and Scott, it turns out Moir has only ever had eyes for one woman: Jackie Mascarin.

The 31-year-old casually dropped the engagement bomb during a speech at he and Virtue's Canada's Hall of Fame induction ceremony in Ilderton, Ont., on Wednesday in 2019. 

Until recently, he and Mascarin have kept their connection a secret, but he has mentioned having a skating partner before Virtue.

Moir had started ice-dancing with another female before pairing up professionally with Virtue, according to their joint book Tessa and Scott: Our Journey from Childhood Dream to Gold.

Moir was Virtue's first skating partner, and the two went on to achieve worldwide acclaim.

ncG1vNJzZmirmKTEo7XZnKarppWne6S7zGirnqujlnq3tdGtrJ5lmKrAo63NnWSeppeWtKa5xKerZq%2BZqbVurs6ynauhlaOxbrnOq56apl2nsqq4y7I%3D